Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time for some water running

I was shocked - shocked to discover that a mere 5 years without any speed practice is all it takes for my legs to revolt at the attempt to do a few intervals. True I could have done it a bit easier than combining my longest hardest run with finish that included a return trip with intervals along the way. But I've always said, anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Ah yes, it's looking like time to run in the water again. I wonder if they missed me down there. It was about time I started my taper anyway. I included a sasquatch photo on a previous blog, so I thought this picture would be appropriate with my new water training plan.

4 comments:

  1. I assume this means you're injured. That sucks. If you're ever able to run again down there at the South Pole or whatever you call that corner of Not-Hawaii, be advised that for guys like us, "speedwork" is now 7-8 minutes per mile for short segments. What the hell were you doing - 70 second quarters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't think this is an injury. It's more like a tight muscle that needs to get loosened up. I still haven't had a day off running since it cropped up and it feels pretty good today. I'm ready for a day off now. The water running is just to help me loosen it up while still working on speed. I can still run, OK? By the way, I can't do a 70 second quarter on my bicycle! I'll be running again in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful out there - you're approaching middle-age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With any luck the race (Bellin) will be under water anyway. If it's not the Hades it's the Humidity. Think Biblical Proportion Flood.
    Sasquatch's understudy

    ReplyDelete