Tuesday, May 12, 2009

10K Warmup Run

So there's this 10K this weekend put on by Sri Chinmoy Running Club. It's three laps of a 3K course (plus a bit I suppose) but it's all on pavement - just what I need. I did my city loop again today - all pavement. As I passed through the park there was a high school or college girls running club that started their training run just as I went by. I made a valiant effort to stay ahead and they mercifully turned off before overtaking me. I did the loop in 61 minutes today, but I plan to take it easy on Thursday so that I've got a chance of not embarrassing myself on Saturday. Sorry my camera is still in the shop, but here's an inspirational picture.

6 comments:

  1. Sixty-one minutes of PAVEMENT running?! I'd need an ambulance after that. You must have something else you're training for after the Bellin race 'cause you're doing WAY more than necessary to beat me at Bellin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Herb's magic shoes today. He put them on after our 55 minute run and then he just sorta disappeared. I heard some dogs barking up the road and saw some swirling dust, but that couldn't have been him could it? Nah, just my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herb,
    I wouldn't worry about it. The term "loop" in Kiwi is used to describe what we call a "block" in the US. You'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sonny, where'd you find a colourized (kiwi spelling -- extremely odd headline punctuation BTW) paper from 1809? Wasn't that the year that Fred Shorter and Phil Rogers started the whole jogging boom? Or maybe it was Alfredo Salsabar and Mary DibbledobbleDeckerTabbskiPepsiola?
    Gotta go. Time for my meds.
    Phineas J. Whippahsnappah
    Ol Fogey's Home for the run-impaired
    (coming soon to a body near you)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that the same loop that took sixty-FIVE minutes on April 11? I didn't know it was POSSIBLE to get better at jogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When was April 11? Was I joggin' then? What loop? Hey, where am I? Who are all of you guys anyway?

    ReplyDelete