Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Focus on Bellin Run

Well it was back to training again today. I intended to run an hour and I thought my trusty training partner Oliver was up to it, but 30 minutes was all that he had. OK, I'll have to do it tomorrow. I should be doing these on the pavement anyway.
Herb and I have been joking about how poorly our conditioning is for this upcoming race, but I'd like to make something perfectly clear. We are finely honed running machines. Herb shows fat man pictures on his web site and I make jokes about how pathetic my running is going, but on June 13th in Green Bay, the spectators for the Bellin Run are going to see something like this...

5 comments:

  1. I agree that the race fans will see "something like this". It will involve a completely different pair of runners and they will not likely be wearing Movin Shoes running gear, but other than those small details, it will be exactly like the photo above. By the way, is Herb wearing the higher cut version to maintain some level of decorum or is that a female singlet? Not accusing, just asking. Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wear shorts like that anymore. Not since the court injunction following the incident with the ladies birdwatching club at Mission Trails Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the problem; Rick's landing on his right foot and Herb's landing on his left. They also appear to have the same race number

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I can't figure out is why Rick pasted his head onto the trailing runner and my head onto the guy in front. Also, they might be racewalkers - each one has a foot firmly planted on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat for the Bellin spectators: Two guys frozen in midstride going absolutely nowhere. BTW: Are those Thunderbolts and Brutings?

    ReplyDelete