Saturday, April 11, 2009

Uh Oh...Fun's Over.

On my last blog entry I somewhat jokingly suggested that someone might like to join me in Green Bay for a kind of contest at the Bellin 10K Run. I did not seriously expect any real takers to my challenge, so you can imagine my surprise, nay even my shock when one of you took me up on my offer. Now he's done it, I'm committed to making a serious effort. So for today's 65 minute run there was no camera, no dog, no gentle surface and no snappy repartee. It was a "training" run. My first in a very long time. So, the fun's over. I'll have to actually work now.

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry - you've been running for months, while I've been hiking, loafing, and eating pie. How could I POSSIBLY be ready to race in 9 weeks? And I've got the Grand Canyon 2 weeks from today! Relax - there's nothing happening here that you need to worry about. Absolutely nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's what you said thirty years ago and we all know how that turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Training run eh?
    Got any proof?
    Chief Inspector Clouseau

    ReplyDelete